Pennington Reserve at Upper Providence, Pennsylvania
ResponsibilitiesLocation Upper Providence, PennsylvaniaUS Job ID JR-032406
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to provide critical lab research support at a customer site in Upper Providence, PA. Depending on experience level, he/she may be involved in running specific assays as well as performing cell culture activities and/or molecular biology protocols. He or she should have a solid background in Biology and/or Chemistry as well as great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, the ability to cross-train and, be able to work independently.
- Deliver high quality research support in a variety of functions
- Activities may include but are not limited to: media prep, automation support, cell culture, assay support, high-throughput expression, molecular biology (virus titration, PCR, plasmid purification), Next Gen Sequencing, DNA/RNA extraction, DNA sequencing, and protein purification.
- Other activities may include sample preparation and/or buffer preps (including GxP).
- Individual may be required to perform lab/equipment user-level maintenance, general lab prep work, and scheduled equipment quality checks (including GxP).
- Perform multiple experimental assays and maintain relevant lab samples and materials
- Write, maintain, and troubleshoot experimental protocols
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
- Must be familiar with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry.
- 2+ years’ experience working in research lab settings (academic or industry)..
- Hands-on experience with a variety of cell biology and/or biochemistry lab techniques
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."