Research Specialist, NGS Biochemistry
Pennington Reserve at Upper Providence, Pennsylvania
ResponsibilitiesLocation Upper Providence, PennsylvaniaUS Job ID JR-032675
- Support experiments in high-throughput lab to deliver into R&D programs
Activities may include, but are not limited to: preparation of E. coli cultures, preparation of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) samples, and automation platform support
- Perform lab/equipment user-level maintenance, troubleshooting, general laboratory prep work, maintain inventory of lab reagents and supplies and scheduled equipment quality checks.
- Support multiple projects per week
- Analyze, summarize, and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators.
- Participate in group meetings to discuss data and operations.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry.
- 2+ years’ experience working in research lab settings (academic or industry).
- Hands-on experience with a variety of cell biology and/or biochemistry lab techniques.
- Ability to generate, analyze and visualize data.
- Strong focus on Good Documentation Practices and data integrity.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, especially adherence to laboratory notebook practices.
- Familiarity with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with automation/ high-throughput platforms and workflows is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn and is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."