Analytical Chemistry Specialist
Upper Providence, Pennsylvania
ResponsibilitiesLocation Upper Providence, PennsylvaniaUS Job ID JR-020098
- Demonstrated working familiarity with several different analytical and preparative techniques (LC-MS, OA, HPLC and NMR).
- The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Use basic preparative instrumentation and perform routine maintenance and simple repair on the equipment.
- Analyze up to 20 samples per day. This includes submission review, method development, prep and purification steps, fractions gathering, analytics testing and reporting.
- Operate the Sirius liquid handler and become proficient in its operation and programming.
- Assist in set-up and operation of the CAPS hardware and software.
- Assist in managing the workflow within the group.
- Analyze chromatographic data and make decisions for follow up experiments.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- BS with 2+ years of experience in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or a similar scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated working familiarity with Mass Directed Auto-Purify system, and UV-Based EZ Prep instrumentation.
- Proficient in analytical method development and preparative chromatography in small molecule pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to conduct high throughput purification work from crude sample analysis, method selection, purification, quality control to registration and distribution of the purified sample by reverse phase HPLC.
- Experience with lab automation and compound distribution logistics.
- Experience in problem-solving skills and instrument troubleshooting regarding Prep HPLC, Analytical LC-MS, and liquid handler automation.
- Awareness of Agilent, Waters ,Shimadzu and Teledyne ISCO analytical and preparative chromatography systems.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, especially adherence to laboratory notebook practices.
- Experience with a wide-variety of software and information systems (e.g. Waters Open-Access, Fractionlynx, Masslynx, and Openlynx software)
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."