Field Service Engineer - San Diego - Automated Liquid HandlersApply Now
- United States
- San Diego, CA
Title:Customer Support Engineer
SBE: Applied Genomics
Reports To: Regional Service Manager – Western Region
Location: San Diego
PerkinElmer Company is seeking an individual to join a customer focused field service team in our Applied Genomics Business Unit. The successful individual will provide field service support for the large and rapidly growing install base of Automated Liquid Handlers and Labchip products in the Southwestern US. Duties include installation, training, preventive maintenance, and repair.
The primary duties of the Customer Support Engineer are to install, maintain, verify performance and repair equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers, and all warranty services applicable to PerkinElmer supported products in the field.
- Able to travel overnight, work independently or as a team and with minimal supervision
- The Customer Support Engineer helps develop new business through the sale of new service agreements, instrument upgrades and value added options to existing contracts.
- Assist and support local sales representatives secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel, parts orders, billable install orders, moves and consumables.
- Other responsibilities include maintaining up-to-date repair documentation for dispatch, inventory control and back end office support functions related to the job.
- Accountability for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunications equipment, personal service parts inventory, or other company owned assets.
- The Customer Support Engineer will take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to our customers.
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Report potential quality issues via PerkinElmer’s Complaint Handling process.
- Travel or work requiring Flex-Hours or Flexible Work Weeks may occasionally be requested for training or clinical response.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline preferred; 2 year degree with field experience accepted.
- Minimum of 2-3 years directly related experience in medical and biological research device service and support preferred.
- Experience with Automated Liquid Handling, Micro-fluidics, and motion control systems preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Experience with MS-Office products
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems remotely or on-site.
- Valid Driver’s License
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams