Field LeaderApply Now
- Philadelphia, PA
- Waltham, MA
Accountable to the Regional Manager or Area Manager for service delivery and tactical support of the client account team. Ensure the delivery of best-in-class customer support effective service and resource planning/deployment. Act as a primary point of contact for all local site issues. Accountable for managing field service resources within this assigned group to achieve established revenue and profitability goals. Interface with the Area Manager and/or Regional Manager on a frequent basis to review operational performance, customer satisfaction status, staffing optimization and business expansion opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide maintenance and support of in-scope equipment to insure best-in-class service within established time frame in the assigned OneSource account
- Mentor and train staff at client location regarding best in class customer support, follow up communication and specific product line skills to drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Drive toward zero service recalls for any reason
- Work with Area Manager and/or Regional Manager to ensure on-site team is efficiently deployed and has proper training with cross training opportunities defined
- Ensure adequate planning and coordination of coverage to meet customer needs and achieve established operational metrics
- Interpret SOW and associated agreements and ensure that resources are deployed consistently with defined objectives
- Act as liaison between on-site staff and support to escalate critical issues
- Collaborate with Area Manager and/or Regional Manager to drive talent development, overall business performance, and succession planning
- Take an active role in developing on-site resources through mentoring and/or training activities
- Collaborate with Area Manager and/or Regional Manager to drive talent development, overall business performance, and succession planning through the LEAD process.
- Accountable to follow the LEAD Process with site staff.
- Accountable for all assigned staff administrative duties; including on-boarding, work hour documentation/approval, expense report approval, time-off, etc.
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems when necessary in accordance with company policy
- Actively participate in compiling monthly and quarterly reports per the KPI/SLA requirements
- Work with on-site and back office teams to obtain data, interrogate, format and present to the customer
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Electronics related discipline.
- Five or more years of relevant experience
- Five or more years of field service experience
- Prior supervisory experience desired
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals
- Safely work with electrical, chemical, radiological, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams