Product Owner, Turku
ResponsibilitiesLocation Turku, FI Job ID JR-033985
PerkinElmer’s commitment to scientific innovation is at the heart of everything we do. In PerkinElmer meaningful work arises to a whole new level. When working with us you really have the opportunity to make a positive impact on babies’ and mothers‘ lives.
The Turku Site, with 650 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
We are now looking forcollaborative, driven and detail-oriented Product Owner to join our Reproductive Health software development team in Turku.
Like us, you believe that the way to a healthier world is through innovation and you’re ready to partner with us to build some of the most advanced tech available in biotech today. You’ll be THE go-to person steering us along the product roadmap, and an essential bridge between our stakeholders and technical teams.
1. MANAGEMENT, PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines the features of the product and adjusts features for the next iteration and release. Maintains the product backlog.
- Accepts or rejects work results.
- Creates and updates release plan and decides on release dates and content.
- Is responsible for the profitability of the product (ROI). Prioritizes features according to market value.
2. COMMUNICATION, CO-OPERATION, AND REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates the customer needs, guides the release and collaborates with the team, scrum master as well as the business leaders & related project managers and product owners.
- Reporting responsibility to reproductive health Monthly and R&D management
3. PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT (platform responsibility as defined in responsibility matrix)
- is responsible to maintain the competitiveness and manufacturability of the product
- is responsible for the maintenance of the DHF & DHF master index
- represents R&D in maintenance reviews and other product quality reviews
- when needed, suggests update projects or support activities together with representatives from business and quality organization
You will participate in maintaining and developing application security through improvements to security practices to find, fix and preferably prevent security issues within applications.
- At least a BSc degree, MSc preferred (e.g. engineering or natural sciences)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in commercial product development projects, preferably within medical device / IVD industry.
- Proficient in Mass Spectrometry
- Proactive, collaborative, process-oriented, and a good team player with strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What we offer:
- Fascinating field of expertise
- Development opportunities
- Positive and inspiring workplace with great co-workers
- Truly international working environment
If you feel you have the necessary skills and can see yourself as a part of our dedicated team of professionals, please apply as soon as possible, by latest December 11th. Please note, that we will start interviews as soon as we find suitable candidates.
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."