UX/UI DesignerApply Now
- Tres Cantos, Madrid
- Granada, Andalusia
PerkinElmer is looking for a talented UX/UI Designer at our site(s) in Armilla (Granada) and/or Madrid, to create amazing web application user experiences. You should be a strong user-centered design advocate and be capable of producing clean, clear, and intuitive software user interfaces working and collaborating with an agile development team.
PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and applied markets. We strategically partner with customers to enable earlier and more accurate insights supported by deep market knowledge and technical expertise. Our dedicated team of about 13,000 employees worldwide is passionate about helping customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
The ideal candidate would have 3+ years’ experience designing web/cloud applications working in a collaborative, development-oriented team. Your background would include:
- 3+ year(s) of career experience in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
- Self-motivated, curious, and collaborative
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as: Sketch, InVision, and/or Axure
- A strong UX/UI toolkit demonstrated in your portfolio
- Experience working with a team utilizing agile UX methodologies, Lean UX, Agile design methods
- Designing digital products using a minimum viable product approach
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, User Experience Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience in data visualization and analytical workflows a plus
- Experience incorporating User Research and Usability testing findings into the design process a plus
- Interest or understanding of sciences, life sciences etc a plus but not required
- Apply different methods of design thinking to understand and solve for problem spaces along different phases of a project, working directly with product owners and tech leads
- Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand product requirements and turn them into buildable user experiences, balancing design scope to address usability and engineering concerns with release timelines.
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for new product features.
- Comfortable in conducting research to validate designs with end users
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Staying up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Help establish, define, and promote UI design guidelines, best practices and standards
Best of all, this is an opportunity for a designer collaborate with a team designing an app portfolio for a market leading company.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams