Sr. Customer Support Engineer-Rahway/Kenilworth, NJ
Trenton, New Jersey | Kenilworth, New Jersey | Rahway, New Jersey
ResponsibilitiesLocation Trenton, New JerseyUS Job ID JR-030977
The Customer Support Field Engineer helps PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers. Suggests and delivers services and support which includes maintenance and repair. Represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and drive long-term satisfaction by best-in-class responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
There will be travel between our customer sites in Rahway and Kenilworth.
- Maintenance & Repair
- Maintain and verify performance of multi-vendor equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area.
- Drive toward zero service recalls for any reason.
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Keep track of assigned work and ensure end users are made aware of ETA
- Complete all assigned trainings
- Maintenance and repair of HPLC systems; Agilent and Waters specifically
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely completion of required reports to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
Continuous Skill Development.
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer.
- Actively seeks and attains higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Maintains certification criteria associated with CSE position.
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands or fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch..
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Electronics, Mechanics, Biotechnology or related military experience
- 5 plus years of experience in instrument repairs and maintenance of laboratory instruments
- Valid driver’s license. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle as evidenced by a good driving record.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- Additional requirements include the ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions.
- Additionally, the ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, and communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals are critical to successful performance in this role.
- Laboratory experience with instrumentation a plus
- Working knowledge of HPLC operation and method development
- Experience with Empower software
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”