Field Support Engineer
Trenton, New Jersey | New York, New York | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Trenton, New JerseyUS Job ID JR-030236
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
This position will serve as a multifaceted Field Support Engineer to provide professional field service, maintenance, and technical support on all EUROIMMUN instrumentation and products. Such as but not limited to: EUROLabWorkstation ELISA, DSX, EUROBlotOne, Sprinter XL, EUROPattern Microscopes.
This position is also responsible for responding to emergency calls to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction.
Excellent technical and communication skills are needed to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starters, who can independently manage their time and schedules; will possess basic business acumen and effectively communicate skills at all levels.
- Perform prompt service and repairs to all EUROIMMUN instrumentation
- Responsible for the verification of instrument performance prior to releasing the device to the end user
- Install, relocate and decommission of EUROIMMUN equipment at customer sites
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers and warranty services in the field on time.
- Provide onsite technical service support for instrumentation and products as needed.
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers and colleagues.
- Completely and correctly document all activities in accordance with the service policies and procedures.
- Maintain loaner, test equipment, off-site spare parts inventory, and other company equipment and supplies in good condition and working order. Protects the company’s assets.
- Train users on system overview and maintenance procedures, when necessary.
- Make travel arrangements in accordance with Travel Policy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of EUROIMMUN instrumentation, products and techniques.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and comply with all safety and regulatory requirements
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will be regularly required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move heavy instruments with weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associates degree in Life Sciences, Biomedical engineering and/or technical discipline; or 2 + years lab bench experience
- Two or more years’ experience as a field service representative, Lab MT, or related field preferred
- Proficiency in running IVD assays with an understanding of the basis for these assays is beneficial
- Well-organized and able to function independently with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable in presenting training and information seminars to customers
- Customer-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits high level of critical thinking abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic demeanor and a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite and basic networking)
- Able to work in all areas of the laboratory
- Frequent overnight and weekend travel
- Field based position with occasional days at Mountain Lakes headquarters
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”