Field Application Scientist - Chemical Informatics
Trenton, New Jersey | Boston, Massachusetts | Hartford, Connecticut | , Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Trenton, New Jersey, Boston, Massachusetts, Hartford, Connecticut, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-028007
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
As a Field Application Scientist for PerkinElmer Informatics, you will be responsible for critical aspects of enterprise software sales cycles. Leveraging your skills as a sales engineer, with your experience in pharmaceutical and biotech discovery and development, you will partner with our customers and prospective customers in understanding the value of our software. Joining this high-performing team of experienced and collaborative sales engineers will be a rewarding path career path, as we contribute to human health by representing the industry's most successful informatics software.
- Lead and execute technical sales during the entire sales cycle, from the beginning through the achievement of our customers' goals, including: discovery, presentations, demonstrations, workshops, and proof-of-concepts.
- Meet with all technical stakeholders to discover their relevant needs. Prove that PerkinElmer Informatics can meet those needs in complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Management, Professional Services and other members of the Field Application Scientist team to provide a frictionless customer experience through the technical sales process.
- MS or PhD in computational or medicinal chemistry, or similar disciplines, 3+ years’ experience
- Previous sales engineering experience preferred
- Experience with informatics solutions in pharma/biotech R&D. Experience with PerkinElmer Information software solutions is particularly valuable: Signals, Spotfire, ChemDraw, Columbus or e-Notebook.
- Some business travel required
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams