Team Lead, Developer
Thāne, India | , India
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Thāne, India, India Status Regular Job ID JR-021972
The successful candidate for this new position will be a hands on Team Lead Development Engineer with people management responsibilities. You will be responsible for setting up and managing the Mumbai Collaborative Software Team comprised initially of approximately 10 software development and test engineers providing internal software development services across PerkinElmer teaming with other worldwide R&D teams located in the US, EU, UK, CA, CN in support of all PerkinElmer business segments including Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Diagnostic, Applied Genomics, Life Science and Environmental industries.
- Develops and is an active member of a highly talented software development team with strong skills and high ability to learn quickly to drive significant outcomes using both current and nascent technologies
- Drives clarity in roles and expectations of the team specific to each project ranging from local development and delivery by the team of fully defined modules to allocating individual team members with specific responsibilities to worldwide projects
- Partners with individual R&D software teams to understand their requirements and solution architecture
- Manages availability of team members working across PerkinElmer software development efforts to plan ahead, maximize use of the team while ensuring sufficient time for training
- Ensures timely delivery and exit of team members from development projects in order to keep future commitments to new project
- Represents the development progress to ensure all tasks completed on time/quality/budget
- Tracks team capacity and communicates with all R&D site leaders to proactively plan the resource requirements
- Participates as stakeholder in governance board reviews to delivered value by collaborative software team
- Experience leading multiple squads managing a team from 15 to 20 engineers
- Passion for developing compelling consumer-grade software
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- Minimum 3+ years managing full Software Development Life-Cycle in an Agile environment
- 5 + years' experience in Software Development, strong hands-on experience on B/S or C/S development.
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Exceptional C# programming skills
- Experience in building robust/extensible cloud based solutions
- Experience in at least one of the frameworks, React, Angular, Vue or others.
- Experience in .NET Core platform and asp.net core framework
- Good understanding of restful APIs, OO, design pattern, http protocol
- Experienced in at least one relational database: MS SQL, My SQL, Postgre SQL
- Familiar with Scrum Software Development Process
- Skilled with Cloud Deployment of SaaS Solutions using AWS or Azure
- Ability to work well through influence.
- Strong communication skills. Will be proactive in managing worldwide relationships ensuring proper interlock with project teams including with dev managers, project managers and product owners
- Influence common tool choice and adoption across the organization
- Apply agile principles in all development efforts
- Grow and develop a team of talented and motivated high performing engineers
- Champion continuous improvement and promoting software development best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in order to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across groups
- Strong interpersonal skills and intense curiosity, with solid analytical skills and an eagerness for solving difficult problems and the ability to foster collaboration within and across geographically dispersed, multi-cultural teams
- Health Science experience a plus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams