Thāne, India | Chennai, India
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Thāne, India, Chennai, India Status Regular Job ID JR-022514
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect who will be involved in the development of a highly scalable cloud-based integrated platform for streamlined clinical analysis, interpretation and reporting of genomic variations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of enterprise architectural patterns that define best practices for software design and development as well as recommended use of enterprise technologies and services
- Coordinate with other architects, engineers, analysts, and project managers to determine solutioning requirements
- Be a technical leader, providing deep software development knowledge with respect to software design patterns, architectures, and programming
- Monitor and optimize project delivery processes and tools (Agile/Scrum, ticketing, sprint planning, CI/CD, etc.)
- Ensure that all project work is reviewed and meets quality & accuracy requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science or related preferred)
- Proficient in
- Experience deploying applications on AWS cloud platforms
- Familiarity with Message based application architecture
- Experience with persistence and database systems such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Strong background in service and distributed development (e.g. REST, microservices)
- 8+ years’ experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills with consultative approach and highly adept at influencing without authority while providing advice/recommendations
- Consulting skills reflecting team building, flexibility, and customer service
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams