Software QA Tester
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Thāne, India Status Regular Job ID JR-023235
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
PerkinElmer Genomics is one of the world’s largest providers of newborn screening services, COVID-19 testing and offers comprehensive genetic testing solutions that help provide insight into the complex nature of rare and inherited diseases. We are looking for a software QA tester to join our software development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop test plans and test scripts and execute software functional, integration and regression testing.
• Prepare testing documentations including requirement specification, user acceptance testing and traceability matrix documents.
• Attend daily stand up, software review meeting as well as user meetings to document the user requirements in issue tracking system.
• Create and maintain technical documentations and user manuals.
• Prepare training documents, conduct user training and perform software demonstration.
• Provide recommendations on improving functionality and usage of the applications.
• Assist in writing and editing of project manager mandated deliverables.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in software testing and technical writing for IT documents
• Minimum one year of on the job experience with SQL.
• Experience in laboratory information management system and/or hand-on experience in the commercial laboratory is a plus
• Familiar with agile methodologies, such as Agile and/or Scrum.
• Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Experience researching and writing documentation and examples for senior system administrators, business analysts, and/or developers
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable
• Strong time management and multitasking skills and pay attention to details
• Strong oral and written communication skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams