Software Engineer in Test
ResponsibilitiesLocation Thane West, Andaman and Nicobar IslandsIN Job ID JR-017587
- Create, update, maintain and execute automated test suites for various Web Applications and back-end Data Warehousing solutions
- Integrate test framework with CI/CD systems
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and technologies
- Work as a member of the scrum team including planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers)
- Become a user expert on how our products work, gaining an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses; and championing customer issues in order to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Help determining the testability of a product or design
Span of Control
- Computer Science and/ or Science-based Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience qualifying high-volume, scalable software solutions and API’s.
- Experience with automation tools/frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as nUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
- Experience with Big Data and Analytics (Spark, Elastic Search or similar)
- Experience testing systems at a large scale (Performance, Stress, Load testing etc.)
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure) and testing microservices.
- Experience working with Jenkins, Chef scripts or similar
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems
- Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance life cycle, methodologies and best practices
- Excellent knowledge in test case management and bug tracking systems such as Jira & Zephyr
- Experience in transforming manual test cases into automated test cases
- Experience in test documentation, defect analysis, tracking and reporting
- Experience in BDD test cases
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare is a plus
- Good English, written and verbal
Other Key Competencies
- Passion for quality, creating new solutions and change
- Strong emphasis on learning quickly and staying current with new technologies
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work within a multi-site, multicultural team
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."