Senior DevOps Engineer
Thāne, India | Hyderabad, India
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Thāne, India, Hyderabad, India Status Regular Job ID JR-020773
We are a fast-moving team looking for an individual with a passion to Lead the transformation to DevOps and Continuous Delivery across the organization. Work directly with the Development, QA, Support using agile methodologies, to implement innovative, reliable and secure solutions in Cloud.
- Work together with the development teams to bring new products into the cloud.
- Design, implement and maintain AWS infrastructure including operation, security and compliance aspects.
- Create process to perform continuous deployment, including full orchestration of deployment process.
- Develop tools and scripts to improve efficiency of operational tasks.
- Create and provide best practices to the organization for DevOps, SecOps, CI/CD, and infrastructure.
- Implement monitoring processes and design/deploy monitoring dashboards.
- Build and support system automation, deployment, and continuous integration tools.
- Thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables).
- Help to maintain and monitor production environments.
- Help to design and support internal development environments inside both AWS and Azure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other team members
- 4-10 years demonstrated experience.
- 1-5 years working with AWS.
- 1-5 years working in Linux environments.
- 1-5 years Scripting Languages with at Bash or Python.
- 1-5 years using Git SCM, GithHub.
- Experience with Agile Methodology.
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructures and Deployment Models.
- Experience in understanding and execution of Cloud best practices with respect to Operations and Security.
- Experience with AWS Services and CLI.
- Container Infrastructure, ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Experience with Apache Nifi, Nginx, MongoDB, RabbitMQ and/or ElasticSearch and Cluster Configurations.
- Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory, DockerHub, Github.
- Experience Administering Databases such as Postgres, MariaDb, Mongo, MySQL, and or MSSQL.
- Log Aggregation experience using SumoLogic or similar tools.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams