Principal Business Process Effectiveness Architect, Global Operations REMOTE BASED
Thāne, India | Boston, Massachusetts | Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Krakow (City), Poland | Singapore, Singapore | Waltham, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Thane West, Andaman and Nicobar IslandsIN Job ID JR-018614
The Technology Effectiveness team within Global Operations is a hub for collaboration between our Global Operations (supply chain) function and IT. It has a responsibility for:
- Support business cases for strategic initiatives requiring investment in technology
- Formalizing business requirements,
- Partnering with IT to build projects and deployment plans on strategic initiatives Ensuring the relevance of deployed processes as well as regional localization and product specific needs
- Ensuring that teams responsible for execution are fully trained, competent and capable to meet the execution target
- Ensuring that roles, responsibilities and organization structure are fully supported
Our Business Process Effectiveness team members understand, articulate and implement best practices related to their area of expertise. Their role is support PerkinElmer and Global Operations’ organizational vision and strategic direction, serving as liaisons between the business and IT.
Several new Business Process Effectiveness opportunities exist to develop, stabilize and optimize business capabilities, systems and processes and provide subject matter expertise within the Global Operations (Supply Chain) organization to: define and support strategic commitments; and drive process improvement and adoptions of new standards by interpreting data and developing and deploying new tools to continuously improve processes.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting business stakeholders and project teams translate their strategies into viable automated solutions and provide best practice recommendations for processes
- Supporting the improvement and the deployment of procurement processes and measuring the effectiveness of Inventory management
- Providing insight and feedback into entire business processes and SAP; owning the maintenance of the business capability framework for order fulfilment material stocking, distribution and planning parameters
- Identifying and quantifying gaps to close; preparing and proposing initiatives/countermeasures that will contribute to increased productivity and inventory turns, fulfilment speed, logistics cost, leveraging technology
- Working with IT Business Partners, stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) that oversee each area of the business capability/process to document and map business processes (upstream inputs and downstream outputs) and solutions; document master data elements and rules; fully understand strengths, weaknesses and areas of improvement; and articulate end-to-end business requirements (including validating and testing IT solution development against requirements and developing test scenarios)
- Designing processes around data accuracy, system synchronization and workflow visibility and supporting the execution by troubleshooting process deviations and collaborating with IT to resolve issues
- Developing training, educating end users, deploying new processes, procedures and reports
- Influencing a diverse, cross-functional team of people skilled in SAP planning and associated support tools such as Spotfire and the Microsoft Office suite
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer sciences or related field
- 8 or more years of experience as a business systems analyst/SAP Consultant, with 2-5 years of experience in a supply chain organization supporting Materials Management (Planning, Procurement or Inventory Management), Order Fulfillment Distribution or Manufacturing Planning and Forecasting
- Advanced experience and understanding of SAP functionality and limitations
- Previous experience as a Business Process Lead in at least 3 full cycles of SAP implementation
- Proven experience in organizing requirement gathering workshop & End-to-End Process Mapping
- Understanding of SAP End-to-End integration across modules and data structure
- Prior experience and ability working in a collaborative, cross-functional, global team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Highly motivated goal-oriented self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations in a high paced environment with changing needs
- High Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Basic understanding of a multitude of business processes, including Inventory Management , Procurement and Long term and Production Planning, Order Fulfilment and Distribution
- Lean Manufacturing various techniques
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."