Full Stack Java Software Developer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Thāne, India Status Regular Job ID JR-026906
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times.
At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for
better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further. We are looking for a Full Stack Java Developer who is involved in the design and development of software solutions and web-based applications. The developer will follow the direction of Solution Architect and will work mostly on maintaining legacy applications, upgrade and implement new modern web applications for newborn and genetic screening lab.
You will be responsible, participating in our product development life cycle from requirement discussing with Product owner, ensuring the development and delivery of Platform, API and Responsive apps with high quality, scalability through SDLC/Agile Best Practices and Devops architecture, Product enablement to customer through SaaS model. Through your excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work closely with Product, Architect, Tech leads and customer facing teams.
What you will do:
Software Development and Configuration
- Participates in analysis, design and building of software solutions for multiple projects
- Performs other duties assigned by the Technical Lead / Solution Architect to support projects and maintenance queue.
- Implement new modern web applications for newborn and genetic screening lab.
- Collaborate with internal teams, vendors, and external partners to build modern web-based applications
- Maintain, support and upgrade existing legacy applications and technologies
- Researching and using modern tools and technologies to build and support new web applications.
- Participate in requirements meetings. Understand needs of functional teams and implement them
- Build and manage inbound and outbound system interfaces and integration with third party platforms
- Support and participate in Application Life Cycle Management processes such as defect tracking, build and deployment management, version control and continuous integration of new enhancements
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Experience in lieu of the degree, 4+ years of JAVA programming experience
- 4 years’ experience in object-oriented analysis and design, multi-tiered solutions, web technology and standard design patterns Experience in developing web-based solutions
- 4 years’ experience in Java/J2EE technology stack
- 4 years’ experience in using JAVA Spring Boot and Angular framework
- 3 years’ experience in using and designing API’s with micro services, formats like JSON, XML
- 2 to 4 years’ experience with PostgreSQL
- 1-3 years’ experience in AWS Elasticsearch, AWS Development, GIT, JIRA
- Experience integrating application using REST APIs
- Experience with expertise in code quality and coding standards.
- Ensuring the code meets the required development standards and is optimized for performance.
- Demonstrates willingness and initiative in contributing to the successes of assigned projects
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn, grow, and advance along the technology career Path
Good to have
- Strong hands-on experience on JUnit, Jenkins, and Test-Driven Development
- Very good analytical skills and problem-solving ability necessary
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Behavior Driven Development, Dockers, Linux, SSIS/DTS, SSRS, Web Methods, IIS/Apache, PowerBuilder, cloud-based applications
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams