Attorney, Global SourcingApply Now
- Thāne, Maharashtra
Role and Responsibilities
- Active review, drafting and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs) and related documentation with new and existing supplier base for all direct materials and certain service and indirect materials.
- Interface and partner with the Company’s Global Sourcing team and other relevant business stakeholders to ensure contract documentation and negotiation objectives and outcomes align with business expectations and needs and company guidelines and policies.
- Provide effective and consistent communication to Global Sourcing leadership and business partners regarding status and analysis of contract negotiation efforts.
- Drive utilization of contract templates, minimize deviations, and assess and ensure changes to standard contract terms minimize the Company’s risk within the practical constraints of the individual transaction.
- Work closely with the Company’s Legal team for guidance, support and collaboration on more complex projects.
- Provide regular reports to Global Sourcing leadership on status of projects completed and in process; enter and manage direct material related contracts in contract database and work with Global Sourcing leadership to enhance contract / key term reporting and tracking.
- Serve as first line of interface with Global Sourcing leadership for contract-related disputes with suppliers.
- Update standard contract documentation and templates as business initiatives and needs dictate.
- Deploy training to procurement leads on terms and conditions, company policies and risk mitigation strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience negotiating and managing a portfolio of sourcing-related contracts including complex LTSAs.
- Solid understanding of basic contract law principles and provisions, such as termination rights, minimum purchase/take-or-pay provisions, indemnification, limitations of liability, warranty and intellectual property.
- Ability to effectively negotiate, persuade and offer creative solutions to reach mutually acceptable compromise positions.
- Customer-focused and solutions-oriented approach to delivering services to internal customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with an ability to craft and deliver clear and concise communications.
- Ability to analyze and develop strategies and tactics to achieve positive results; deconstruct proffered negotiation positions to understand motivations and possible alternative solutions.
- Ability to make cost effective time management decisions to enable prioritization of highest value work and balance multiple projects contemperaneously.
- Ability to work independently across multiple time zones; a self-starter with good problem-solving skills and a client service focus.
- MS Word and XLS skills. SAP experience a plus.
- Fluent in English.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams