Service Technician (Fort Lauderdale)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
ResponsibilitiesLocation Fort Lauderdale, FloridaUS Job ID JR-024270
Job Title: Service Technician
Location: Ft Lauderdale , Florida
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to delivery on-time scheduled maintenance services within an assigned geography and product family. The Service Technician is responsible for ensuring that scheduled maintenance services for laboratory analytical instrumentation are performed to ensure optimal equipment efficiency. This candidate should possess good communication skills both oral and written, great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, the ability to cross-train and, be able to work independently as a customer centric professional.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-Installation Visits (PIV’s)
- Service To Assure Reliability Visits (STAR Visits)
- This position will work on our Core and Multi-Vendor Products
- Preventive Maintenance Visits (PM Visits)
- Calibration services (CAL’s)
- Operational Qualification Validations (OQ’s)
- Troubleshoot and repair simple issues
- Record/Document/Execute protocols and cases in service management system timely
- Support and Coordination assistance for relocation and program inventory
- Transfer of knowledge to end users around the function and optimal use of laboratory equipment.
- There will be extensive travel with this position. The areas included are, but not limited to: Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and the Caribbean
- The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory and controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Minimum of 2 Year Technical Degree in electronics and/or mechanics
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of and/or Gas/Liquid Chromatography a strong plus
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”