Customer Support Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
ResponsibilitiesLocation Fort Lauderdale, FloridaUS Job ID JR-024272
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer
Location: Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food, and environmental markets. Every day, PerkinElmer Senior Service Engineers help their customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by providing expert service and support. As a Senior Service Engineer, you will not only represent the face of PerkinElmer to our customers but be instrumental in facilitating the development of other service engineers.
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Excel at the installation, maintenance, validation and repair PerkinElmer and/or multivendor instrumentation at customer sites with best-in-class service
- Deliver customer training for instrument operation and user maintenance
- Serve as a member of the remote technical resolution team
- Partner with our customers to understand their analytical workflow and applications
- Communicate service offerings including training, support, software, laboratory services products and field upgrades
Support Team and Promote Organizational Growth
- Mentor and develop Customer Support Engineers in both technical and soft skills
- Provide service that helps to drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing service contracts
- Understand and leverage organizational awareness of other functional groups and product lines to support your customers and team members
- Contribute to account profitability through efficient service delivery and execution
- Serve as an example of efficiency in all assigned administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics or Engineering
- Experience with laboratory safety practices
- Experience in instrumentation troubleshooting, repair, and qualification services
- 5+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of analytical equipment, laboratory environment, and/or instrument control software and interpersonal escalations
- Vendor issued certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Experience using Microsoft 365 and other business software platforms
- Demonstrated ability to drive miscellaneous business projects through completion
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires. Travel will vary depending on territory requirements and/or customer base.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”