Sr. Principal, PCBA Commodity Sourcing Manager
Singapore, Singapore | Hamburg, Germany | Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Shelton, Connecticut
ResponsibilitiesLocation Singapore, SG Job ID JR-020013
As a member of the Global Sourcing Organization, the Sr. Principal, Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) Commodity Sourcing will be responsible for setting the long-term commodity strategy for up to $40M in spend, derived in close alignment with business unit/product line business strategies. The successful candidate will have global responsibility for preferred supplier network management; and drive major material related productivity projects, supplier relationship and performance. The Sr. Principal, PCBA Sourcing will have global functional responsibility (governance) for all sourcing activities and related processes for the PCBA commodity in conjunction with the organizational units and their respective regulations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as the primary interface to commercial / business unit leaders, align procurement activities with operating priorities to achieve defined business and financial objectives
- Developing and managing the global commodity strategy for Assembles, PCBAs and PCBs.
- Guiding the selection, development, and management of preferred strategic suppliers
- Conducting price and contract negotiations with contract duration on short, mid, and long-term timelines to guarantee security of supplies at the best conditions
- Maintaining regular contact with internal and external cross-functional partners and working-project groups to recognize developments (market, demand etc.) and to exert the appropriate influence on decisions and processes
- Guiding and performing supplier management, including supplier qualification, documentation, and communication of both preferred and regular suppliers as well as the strategic evaluation and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure an optimum supply chain
- Defining concepts for risk and contract management and driving the activities, which include risk reduction, implementation of alternate sources and to avoid incurrence of warranty costs
- Guiding and managing the optimization of the supply chain regarding inventory levels, transport and manufacturing lead times and engaging in the implementation of best in class supply chain processes
- Organizing regular business reviews to continuously rate the suppliers on defined KPIs (supply chain performance, quality, cost competitiveness and technology roadmap) to monitor suppliers’ operations and to define measures to develop the suppliers
- Implementing material field specific benchmarking and best practice sharing with the internal organization, external partner companies and with competitors to further improve procurement
- Bachelor of Science degree, an Engineering discipline
- A minimum of 10 -12+ years of sourcing commodity management experience within a global organization with experience in PCBA industry.
- Experience negotiating long-term, global agreements
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
- Prior experience in the high tech or medical device industries working with product management is desired.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have had responsibility for $40-60M in spend
- Ability to influence without having direct line responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment serving both internal and external customers’ requirements
- Project management experience is a plus
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional project teams while maintaining positive and productive working relationships across a broad range of people and groups
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision; self-managed and self-motivated
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to manage priorities and stay on top of critical responsibilities
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."