Sr. Sourcing Manager- NPI
Shelton, Connecticut | American Fork, Utah | , Finland | Llantrisant, United Kingdom | Turku, Finland | Woodbridge, Canada
ResponsibilitiesLocation Shelton, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-024072
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
This position will collaborate with stakeholders globally and may be required to support projects/priorities/meetings during non-standard working hours.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as the lead individual in identifying, developing, and implementing a rapid Prototype supply-base program for key commodities
- Defining best practices and key indicators for Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) activities that will transition designs from prototype to production suppliers
- Working with Engineering and Supplier representatives to ensure components and assemblies are driving DFx inputs into component designs for optimal cost and manufacturability
- Outlining measurable tools to monitor and measure Time to Market Improvements (TTM) directly related to NPI Sourcing and Operational deliverables
- Collaborating with Commodity Management to insure NPI supply chain strategies are aligned with Commodity Management Strategic Supplier roadmaps
- Leveraging the Global Commodity team to create vision and strategy for critical commodities for NPI projects for continuous improvement to the end to end supply chain (including new supplier technologies/discovery)
- Collaborating with the Global Commodity Should Costing Team, developing models to evaluate how commodities impact total cost in the extended supply chain
- In conjunction with the Global Commodity Should Costing Team, preparing, communicating, and educating internal business partners on changes in commodity trends, policies, and practices
- Developing and implementing outsourcing strategies of non-core competencies and non-essential engineering services
- Collaborates with NPI Director and program shareholders to ensure project timelines and objectives are met
- Coordinating with Commodity Management and Operations as needed to develop Suppliers competency levels to ensure performance to NPI requirements are met
- Participating with Global Commodities on new technology and/or supplier discovery requirements to support project technology gaps
- Participating with Global Value Engineering (GVE) to develop standard costs profiles for key cost drivers to ensure accurate piece part pricing utilizing Should-Cost modeling and Make vs. Buy analysis
- This position will collaborate with stakeholders globally and may be required to support projects/priorities/meetings during non-standard working hours.
- Leveraging PerkinElmer networks: building strong relationships with internal and external resources/vendors
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in Sourcing, Supply Chain, and/or Commodity Management.
- Experience with NPI stage gate deliverables
- Background in Spectroscopy, Detection Imaging, and Informatics
- 7+ years of experience years of experience in New Product Development
- MBA preferred.
- Strong Project Management skill set
- Proficient knowledge of Metals, Plastics, and Electronic commodities
- Prior experience in the high tech or medical device industries working with product management is desired.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with sourcing tools as well as knowledge of ERP Procurement systems (SAP preferred).
- Proven ability to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects based on criteria such as launch impact, dependencies, and risk
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Self-starter with proven ability to anticipate problems and take proactive, decisive action, giving regard to the impact on the system, the business needs and project pipeline
- The ideal candidate must be able to interface effectively with stakeholders across all Business Units and throughout all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to identify in early concept phase the need to cultivate relationships with suppliers/partners for new and novel technologies required for NPI project requirements
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
- Ability to influence without having direct line responsibilities
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision; self-managed and self-motivated
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in an ambiguous environment through Lean with substantial impact
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”