Sr. Software Developer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shelton, Connecticut Status Regular Job ID JR-022979
• Identify and address potential issues prior to these issues impacting the user community and impacting productivity whether actual code or performance related issues.
• Support the immediate needs of the user community in many facets from providing basic technical support and training to writing custom SQL reports and/or custom one-off tools.
• Using transact SQL to write stored procedures, user defined functions, table valued functions, views, and common table expressions to derive the required data from a fairly substantial database as well as updating/maintaining the web application front end to display the data.
• Enhance and maintain all supporting applications. In addition to the primary PDM application, there is also an administrative website which must be enhanced or modified in conjunction with enhancements to the core application to provide administrative support for the new feature.
• Use Jira to develop and maintain PDM system user requirements which are required to maintain a validated state as well the writing of bugs. Developers also assist software test team with writing test cases when required as well as reviewing and approving test cases for execution.
• Help identify and address any security risks within the PDM application in regard to IP protection, 21 CFR part 11 and International Trade Compliance restrictions, as well as internal corporate policies such as restricting access to active research projects
• Analyze, scrub, format, and migrate 3rd party data into the PDM system when business acquisitions occur, or an existing site migrates into the PDM system from a 3rd party system.
• Assist with bringing PDM system availability to new platforms and implement better technologies where and when they make sense
• Work with the various product leads to identity areas for improvement, determine the best approach to implement new features, address defects, and determine where performance gains can be made.
• Use Redgate SQL Compare and Data Compare tools to deploy SQL based releases and verify/validate correct implementation
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics
• 3+ Years of Software Development experience
• 2+ Years of SQL Server
• Ability to recognize, troubleshoot, and resolve application and/or server related issues
• Knowledge of ASP.NET
• Fundamental knowledge of and hands-on experience with: jQuery, JSON, HTML5, CSS3, and 3rd party API usage
• Proficient with MS SQL Server 2012+, Windows Server 2008+
• Experience with Internet Information Services (ISS)
• Additional tools used: RedGate Products: SQL Compare, Data Compare, and SQL Search. Beyond Compare, MS Office Suite, WireShark
• As part of a small rapid development team it is extremely important that the candidate possess the ability to work without supervision, on occasion
• Experience with one or more of: Application validation processes, compliance management concepts, experience with the SAP, or experience with Solidworks Framework API are desired.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams