Sr. Purchasing Specialist
ResponsibilitiesLocation Shelton, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-020088
Responsible for the procurement of raw materials, goods, and services for the manufacturing facility. Approves and qualifies vendors, obtains quotations, examines bids and makes awards. Develops sources and evaluates vendor reliability. Creates and manages manufacturing schedules to ensure that raw materials arrive in a timely manner to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for managing assigned suppliers and all relative parts to ensure on-time delivery, part quality and costing.
- Owns the procurement process within SAP from requisition to purchase order receipt.
- Troubleshoots internal material issues such as quality issues, missing receipts, and invoicing issues.
- Maintains all pertinent information fields within SAP.
- Negotiate, implement, and maintain Lean Replenishment agreements with suppliers.
- Upholds individual inventory part levels to support manufacturing and logistics build requirements and schedules and expedites as needed.
- Support benchmarking of existing supplier costs against potential new suppliers in lower cost counties through comparative analysis.
- PPV (Purchase Price Variance) reporting and rationalization on a actual to target reconciliation.
- Challenges existing suppliers to securing best price through supplier negotiations, value engineering, and competitive benchmarking. Appropriately qualify/transition new source with 1st article thru production.
- Aid Engineering and Strategic Sourcing teams on New Product Introductions
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- 4-6 years minimum experience in manufacturing supply chain.
- BA in business or technical related field
- 10-12 years manufacturing experience in a build to order environment
- Certified purchasing accreditation a plus (CPM or CPIM)
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt or equivalent certification desired.
- Strong negotiation skills in dealing with global supply base.
- Understanding of Push/Pull, Min./Max., LEAN Kanban supply systems/concepts.
- SAP purchasing applications knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and discuss basic technical material and part drawings.
- Proficient in Excel and other standard MS business applications.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team environment
- Detail oriented – Highly organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to interface at all levels in the organization
- Strong ability to develop a sound strategy and tactical approach to improve supplier performance in support of business requirements
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."