Sourcing Coordinator - New Product IntroductionsApply Now
- Shelton, CT
The Sourcing Coordinator will work closely with departments to ensure purchase orders are detailed, documents are tracked, and material submittals are complete. The Sourcing Coordinator will be verifying and consolidating large orders with prime suppliers to make the material purchasing experience more efficient and cost effective. He/she will update the company software and project managers to accurately reflect order dates, delivery dates, and costs, by scanning all information related to material orders into the job cost system including quote revisions, order acknowledgements, bills of lading. The Sourcing Coordinator will clearly communicate with managers, and actively work with vendors to ensure that delivery delays and/or back-orders are minimized.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase material within the project budget for each project material phase.
- Communicate expected delivery dates to vendors at, or prior to, the time the purchase order is submitted. Negotiate favorable shipment dates when possible.
- Follow up with vendors after purchase orders are sent to ensure orders are processed by vendors in a timely manner.
- Verify order acknowledgements against the basis of order document (typically an updated vendor quote) for accuracy.
- Actively manage material orders by clearly communicating vendor delivery dates to project managers and maintaining consistent connection with vendors to ensure that orders are not delayed or back ordered.
- Notify operations and management regarding any material cost overruns and/or material delays
- Reconcile purchase orders to verify they match invoices.
- Review incoming shipments with warehouse lead daily. Mark material locations on bill of ladings prior to scanning them into the system for inventory tracking.
- Scan all order documentation into job cost accounting system including quote revisions, order acknowledgements, material fab sheets and bill of ladings.
- Develop positive relationships with core vendors.
- Ensure that all material is accurately, timely and completely ordered for each project.
MEASUREMENT AND PERFORMANCE:
- Order accuracy
- Purchasing within the project budget
- Minimize unexpected and late-term vendor delays
- Timely and accurate information provided to project managers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written customer service skills
- Previous experience of administrative function in an office/clerical setting preferred
- Must have strong attention to detail, organization skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams