Service Depot Team Leader - Shelton CT
ResponsibilitiesLocation Shelton, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-032795
The Service Depot Team Leader is a key member of the Service Engineering and Service Depot teams. The primary responsibility of the role is to serve as a leader and manage and plan the day-to-day activities of the Depot technicians located in various sites. The primary planning location is the Shelton Service Depot but responsibility may extend to other Depot locations where applicable. The primary goals are to drive favorable savings initiatives through key and prioritized workstream activities, maximizing resource utilization and driving workstream process improvements. Having an exceedingly strong grasp of SAP and Excel functionality, including Pivot Tables, VLookup and macro development, is critical to this role. Interactions with multiple disciplines, functions and other locations local and globally is necessary to achieve these objectives. This is a growth opportunity to help develop and grow a global depot strategy for PerkinElmer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage depot team(s) for the scheduling of Service Depot activities including, but not limited to, the issuance of work orders, purchasing requisitions, shipping activities, moving material, etc to achieve stated objectives.
- Provide technical support on repairs and interact with R&D when required to help find solutions to repair issues and part needs.
- Use SAP and historical data to identify, troubleshoot and process parts for refurbishment to drive savings for the business.
- Interface with other Depot Service locations as required.
- Interface with other functions (eg: Operations, Procurement, DC’s, Inventory Management, Service Delivery, etc) as required.
- Be an active leader for change in identifying and driving continuous improvement strategies to streamline the Depot Operation to include improved standardization in processes & procedures.
- Develop, Track and Manage metrics.
- Interface, as required, with Purchasing, Planning, Operations, Engineering and other teams to ensure required materials will be available to maximize performance.
- Interface, as required, with Quality, R&D, Engineering, etc to identify part quality issues to get to the right resources to drive improvements.
- Report issues in a timely manner
- Assist in repair activities as needed
- Other activities as required by manager
Bachelor's degree in engineering or materials management and at least five years experience in manufacturing engineering, production control, supply chain and/or operations.
Associate Degree at least seven years experience in manufacturing engineering, materials management, production control, supply chain and/or operations.
- Strong SAP hands-on practical experience.
- Strong MS Excel practical experience, including Pivot Tables, VLookup and macro development.
- Basic technical (mechanical and/or electrical) aptitude.
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude.
- Positive, self-starter who can work independently as well as within a team, work with minimal supervision and ability to react to ever changing needs and with a desire and aptitude to learn.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other business applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills - able to interface at all levels in the organization and clearly present ideas and results.
- Knowledge of Salesforce ServiceMax, a Field Service Management platform.
- Math competency, problem solving skills, independent judgment and decision making.
- Project management skills to drive successful completion.
- One to three years supply chain or order management experience.
- Full understanding of the necessary steps required to receive and complete an order through the entire life cycle.
- 40% travel possible.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."