Senior Principal Liquid Handling Design ArchitectApply Now
- Shelton, CT
- Hamburg, Hamburg
PerkinElmeris a global leader solutions provider focused on improving human and environmental health. We are at the forefront of development, production, marketing, servicing, and support of cutting edge of scientific laboratory instrumentation and automation systems throughout the world. We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference every day – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
An engineering professional who is responsible for architecture, system design approach and integration of liquid handling mechanisms across PerkinElmer product lines. This candidate plays a key role in our product development process, defining global design/implementation and testing to be used across our extensive platform offerings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define common architecture for pipetting and dispensing solutions
- Selection of off-the-shelf solutions or guide in house development
- Mentor global engineering teams to define a common solution
- International travel (15-25%) to support global R&D teams and enforce platform solutions.
- Lead experimental studies needed to make critical technology choices
- Maintain strong awareness and network of technology solution providers
- Bachelor's degree (masters preferred) with a minimum of 10 (ten) years of related knowledge and experience with liquid handling development.
- Skilled in CAD modeling (SW/ProE/Catia)
- Expert in fluid and thermodynamic analysis and modeling
- Demonstrated expertise in mass-flow and volume-flow measurement and control techniques for sample volumes in the ul to ml range.
- Micro-mechanics experience a plus.
- Experience with broad range of liquid handling techniques (air vs. liquid displacement, syringe vs. piezo drives, valves, peristaltic & vacuum pumps)
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Hands- on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills
Job Performance Characteristics:
- Self-initiates courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Accountable for developing innovative solutions to complex business challenges
- Leads others, independently balancing high- impact competing priorities.
- Demonstrates effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Works on specialized and/or interdisciplinary matters of broad scope, impact, cost, visibility and complexity.
- Fully responsible for significant/challenging deliverables keeping management informed of progress
- Maintain awareness that decisions can significantly impact customers, operations, services, revenue or achievement on strategic business goals.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams