Senior Principal Embedded Control ArchitectApply Now
- Shelton, CT
- Hamburg, Hamburg
Senior Principal Embedded Control Architect
An engineering professional who is responsible for conceptualizing system design approach and architecture, coding, embedded software in multi-disciplinary global projects. This candidate plays a key role in our product development process, defining global design/implementation and testing to be used across our extensive platform offerings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define architecture for common embedded control (hardware and software) across varying technologies
- Selection of off-the-shelf solutions or guide in house development
- Mentors global engineering team to define a common solution
- International travel (15-25%) to support global R&D teams and enforce platform solutions.
- Lead experimental studies needed to make critical technology choices
- Maintain strong awareness and network of technology solution providers
- Bachelor's degree (masters preferred) with a minimum of 10 (ten) years of related knowledge and experience with Firmware apps and driver development.
- Expert in C language, experienced with C++. Knowledge of .Net, Python and other higher-level languages a plus
- Extensive WinCE and Embedded Linux experience
- Real Time Operating Systems experience
- Experience with communication interfaces (USB, Ethernet, SPI, etc).
- Experience with motion control a big plus.
- Experience with modern development tools: (Eclipse, gdb, git)
- FPGA, CPLD experience a plus
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills
Job Performance Characteristics:
- Self-initiates courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Accountable for developing innovative solutions to complex business challenges
- Leads other, independently balancing high impact competing priorities.
- Demonstrates effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Works on specialized and/or interdisciplinary matters of broad scope, impact cost, visibility and complexity.
- Fully responsible for significant/challenging deliverables keeping management informed of progress
- Maintain awareness that decisions can significantly impact customers, operations, services, revenue or achievement on strategic business goals.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams