Senior Application Scientist for Chromatography
Shelton, Connecticut | Woodbridge, Canada
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shelton, Connecticut, Woodbridge, Canada Status Regular Job ID JR-023925
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Sr. Application Scientist is responsible for Establishing a ‘production-support’ and ‘product-support’ and customer-support applications lab for Chromatography consumables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Understand customers’ current and future needs and design application development strategy to address those needs.
- Interfacing with Marketing and Sales for Voice of Customer (VOC) to assist R & D for new product development.
- Drive execution of turn-key applications development for respective markets.
- Generate standard operating procedures, application notes, posters, and/or peer reviewed publications for developed applications
- Conduct post development support including but not limit to SOP implementation, troubleshooting.
- Act as a subject matter expert and influencer to the R&D organization during implementation and conceptualization of new product.
- Evaluate competitive publications and presentations and come up with a clear strategy to demonstrate PerkinElmer’s competitive edge.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Maintain and operate laboratory equipment, identify maintenance needs and ensure equipment is operational. Trouble-shoot competitor weakness. This will give R & D needed information as to how to design better products. This will require communication with sales, marketing and R & D to identify key pain points.
- Train new scientists to produce marketing collateral as the needs of PE expand for applications. This will include method development on new market areas including cannabis testing, foods/flavors/fragrances, drinking water applications, environmental applications.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
- Travel between PerkinElmer sites required
Masters Degree in Chemistry or BioChemistry
3 years of hands on experience with chromatography instrumentation.
Ph.D in Chemistry or Biochemistry.
Knowledge of chromatography theory and components.
Ability to troubleshoot Chromatographic related issues.
Experience in cannabis, food, environmental applications.
Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
Passionate about working in a lab developing applications to address customer needs.
Excellent group interaction skills and negotiating skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
Excellent presentation skills in front of internal teams, customers, and large audience (during conferences).
Office, Production and Lab Environments
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams