Research Specialist, Mass SpectrometryApply Now
- Upper Providence, PA
Position Title: Research Specialist, Mass Spectrometry
Location: Upper Providence, PA, USA
We are seeking highly motivated scientists with good laboratory skills to join to join the Discovery Analytical Sciences Biological and Biochemical Mass Spectrometry teams. These are laboratory-based positions where the successful candidates will prepare samples from cell culture material, including isolation of proteins and metabolites, and analyze the samples by mass spectrometry. As part of the Discovery Mass Spectrometry group, you will work to accelerate and advance the discovery of small molecule medicines. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, works well on a team, has excellent laboratory skills and work habits and is adept at analyzing data and solving problems.
- Propagate and maintain various continuous cell lines.
- Verify the protein expression using various protocols including Western Blots, and small-scale purification.
- Perform protein and metabolite isolation using various protocols.
- Analysis of the samples using Mass Spectrometry.
- Experimental data will be recorded in a provided electronic notebook according to the guidelines.
- Responsible for ordering supplies as needed to deliver cell and protein reagents.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology or Biochemistry with 1+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with a variety of biology and biochemistry lab techniques including cell culture, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting
- Hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation. Working familiarity with HPLC and LC-MS techniques is a plus.
- The overall physical exertion of this position may require:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
FDA Provides Emergency Use Authorization to PerkinElmer for COVID-19 Testing. Learn More
PerkinElmer Helping Combat COVID-19
We are extremely proud of our employees across the globe who have remained dedicated to the fight against COVID-19.Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams