Shelton, Connecticut | Hopkinton, Massachusetts
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shelton, Connecticut, Hopkinton, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-018062
Research & Development – R&D Systems and Support
Do you have hands-on experience working with complex environmental and life science scientific instrumentation? Are you driven to work cohesively with global teams to achieve improvement and innovation of products for the good of our customers? Are you experienced at putting yourself in the customer’s shoes? PerkinElmer is searching for a customer and process-oriented person to conduct requirements management for the hardware and software of our scientific instrumentation. In this role, you will ensure the voice of the customer is captured and represented in the end solution for processes and products.
- Work one-on-one with the customer to understand their needs, motivations, and emotions to gain deep insight into how customers feel during interactions with our products. Work with the project team to ensure those touchpoints are shaped into good brand experiences represented in the end solution of our products.
- As part of the project development team, you continually work hand in hand with business stakeholders, project management, design engineers, scientists, and software developers to elicit, analyze, and document user and system level requirements.
- Thanks to your good analytical understanding and strong communication skills, it is easy for you to describe technical details in an unambiguous manner. You identify specifications and transform them into concrete requirements definitions.
- You capitalize on your lab-based knowledge and interpersonal skills to ask the right questions and surface essential requirements information. Understand what people say and determine what they might be hesitant to say.
- Walk through a typical application and identify potential areas of improvement.
- Together with the team, you continuously ensure requirements are accurate and up to date.
- Maintain files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and demonstrate full traceability.
- Practical experience in requirements, change, or risk management as well as familiarity with requirements management or application lifecycle management tools will make it easier for you to get started in your job.
- Bachelor’s degree in a lab-based Science or Engineering discipline (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering).
- 3+ years of hands-on professional experience with complex environmental and life science scientific instrumentation required. Examples: ICP, AA, Chromatography.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills are critical.
- Excellent team orientation is critical.
- Native level fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Minimal travel required.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams