Pricing Analyst, Instrument Services (Remote)
Shelton, Connecticut | Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Austin, Texas | Boston, Massachusetts | Hartford, Connecticut | Montpelier, Vermont | Raleigh, North Carolina | Sacramento, California | Springfield, Illinois | Topeka, Kansas
ResponsibilitiesLocation Shelton, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-021865
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
- Develop and maintain pricing tools and profitability models to include cost/price databases and associated modelling tools
- Grow total gross margin dollars by identifying pricing actions that encourage higher sale values, conversion rates, inelasticity, margin rates, and customer satisfaction
- Forecast margins to help the business understand the impact of new and renewing business on the OneSource Enterprise P&L
- Lead pricing-related projects including establishing timelines, defining deliverables, and drafting communications or presentations
- Provide pricing and costing support for new business opportunities and analysis for existing and/or renewing business. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed.
- Efficiently and accurately build line-item quotes and expected Contribution Margin analysis for bid opportunities. Must be able to quantify and support cost analysis.
- Ensure SOPs are consistently used and keep detailed notes memorializing approaches used for future reference, including any pricing discounts or anomalies. Analyzes moderately complex financial, statistical, and competitor price data and recommends price changes to improve profitability.
- Be sensitive to pricing trend analysis, especially by technology, model, manufacturer and share with stakeholders. Develop standard costing, automated pricing tools and databases. Collects and analyzes moderately complex financial, statistical, and strategic information in order to maintain pricing tools and infrastructures
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Operations, Supply Chain and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 plus of experience in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, and pricing
- Life science, pharmaceutical, or finance backgrounds are desirable.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership skills, decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, and organizational agility
- Proficiency in Excel, knowledge of BI tools, and practical experience analyzing data, program metrics, and performance
- Knowledge of SQL database a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and documentation of pricing development are key aspects of this role.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."