Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Shelton, Connecticut | Branford, Connecticut
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shelton, Connecticut, Branford, Connecticut Status Regular Job ID JR-016203
At PerkinElmer, we are looking for people who are excited to thrive in innovation. PerkinElmer is a global biotechnology and life sciences company with nearly 4,000 patents and $3.8 Billion in revenue. With state-of-art technologies and solutions, our mission is to innovate for a healthier world. PerkinElmer helps a variety of academic, government, and the top 20 pharma companies around the world providing customers with science software-as-a-service (SaaS), laboratory services, and life science instrument technologies and solutions.
As an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer, you would be responsible for helping in the execution of engineering tasks for the Development and Production of Optical-based Instruments. You’ll gain knowledge of High Precision Mechanical Mechanisms and Structures in this position, as you work closely with our small interdisciplinary teams to translate ideas into high-level designs.
- Participate as a member of the project team in defining the engineering design/architecture of the new product.
- Learn how to develop highly complex mechanical systems and designs in a concurrent engineering environment from the conceptual stage through completion of the detailed design validation with testing and evaluation.
- Work with vendors and internal resources to develop working prototypes. of new products and verify that these prototypes meet all the required product specifications.
- Work with manufacturing to bring product designs from the engineering prototype phase to product release, address quality or value engineering issues on current shipping products.
- Contribute to fabrication as needed to drive product. designs from the engineering prototype phase to production release, address quality or value engineering issues or current shipping products.
- Work with the team on design, tolerance, and function of high precision mechanisms to micron level performance specifications.
- Gain experience designing precision castings, machined components, Sheetmetal and injection molded plastics.
- Self-initiates courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree
- 0-2 years of design experience
- Experience in BioTech, or MedTech, Pharma industries highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Optics, Optical Mechanical Design, and Photonics highly desired.
- Demonstrated skills using SolidWorks or similar software for parametric designs in 3D solids modeling and 2D drawings.
- Communication and team skills in a multi-project environment.
- Industry experience in analytical instruments or process instruments preferred but not necessary.
- Minimal travel required - up to 10%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams