ResponsibilitiesLocation Shelton, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-027742
Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Checks goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment and posts weights and shipping charges. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Reviews customer orders, examines, stocks and distributes merchandise, products and materials in inventory warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing lines.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Receives packs, unpacks, moves/lifts, locates, identifies issues and ships variety of materials and packages.
- Locates items in proper stocking location in warehouse.
- Generates Customer order pick lists and packing lists.
- Picks and packs materials for Customer orders.
- Verifies that the appropriate materials are handled and takes corrective action when materials are improperly stored. transferred or identified.
- Checks, verifies and corrects errors in the stocking process. Includes physical movement of items as well as processing updates to inventory system.
- Inputs and retrieves data via SAP and ancillary systems Handles and stores hazardous materials in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Picks, counts/weighs, packs, records, audits and processes inventory transactions.
- May be leader of a process / train lower level material handlers Maintains a safe, orderly work area.
- May be required to communicate an awareness of general safety practices.
- Meets established standards of accuracy and quality
- May operate forklifts and/or powered pallet trucks
- Inventory control and reconciliation
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years previous experience in material handling, warehouse or distribution activity
- Good working knowledge in SAP system would be an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good oral and written communication
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Ability to
- Use / learn to use power equipment for movement of materials,
- Use /learn to use warehouse operating system and shipment processing systems
- Process / learn to process hazardous material shipments in accordance with standards.
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- Lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
- Physically able to operate stackers and pallet jack
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”