Lead Development Representative
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Shelton, CT
PerkinElmer is actively looking for Lead Development Representatives to join our growing team in Shelton, CT! You will act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. We're looking for a results-oriented, highly organized candidates with incredible communications skills. Serving as the first contact that prospects talk with, you are responsible for providing a great first impression while understanding business objectives, and ultimately feeding insights, gathered from your conversations, back to the sales organization. You will be measured by your speed of engagement, creating opportunities accepted by sales, as well as pipeline created and won.
The Marketing Operations Team is an environment where there’s room to drive global change, uncover and solve game-changing opportunities, all while ensuring our Marketing team's results are measurably maximized through efficient, rigorous and creative operations. Ideas are encouraged - you will have the power to shape the direction of how the team operates and a profound effect on the success of the marketing organization.
Core Areas of Responsibility
Lead Development Representatives are front-line team members in PerkinElmer’s demand generation marketing program.
- Promptly respond to marketing qualified leads within established SLAs (service level agreements)
- Evaluate these ‘qualified leads’ from omni-channel marketing activities against Budget, Authority, Need & Timing (BANT) criteria
- Review database of ‘pre-qualified leads’ for high potential prospects; conduct outreach and stimulate interest in PerkinElmer Products and Services
- Maintain active engagement with prospects using creative follow-up communication
- Meticulously track all Prospect insight in Salesforce to support sales teams with solid prospect background, including validation of interest, potential pain or critical issue, decision making authority and ensuring accurate contact information
- Collaborate with sales to create a seamless hand-off experience of qualified opportunities
- Convert qualified leads to sales opportunities and transfer to territory aligned Sales representatives; conduct hand-over/briefing calls with Sales representatives, setting Sales up for successful first prospect conversations
- Provide a positive, engaging experience for all prospective customers through natural conversation that reflects an understanding of the prospect’s business and needs
- Work closely with marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, pipeline creation and revenue generation
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in a sales environment
- At least 1 year of experience using Salesforce
- Phenomenal people skills, with excellent phone presence
- Ability to verbally and quickly connect with a wide variety of science-oriented business professionals at all levels
- Positive, energetic and optimistic attitude with a passion for winning
- Comfortable and natural approach to objection handling
- Excellent organization and follow up skills, with extremely strong attention to detail
- Team oriented with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and energy filled environment
- Persistence to get the job done with willingness to learn and adapt on a daily basis
- A dependable, responsible and reliable individual with a self-starter mentality, and ability to work independently
- A fundamental understanding of sales & marketing processes, from campaigns through prospecting to sales hand-off.
- Excited to conduct outbound email and telephone activities to meet required contacts per lead on an everyday basis
- This position will require 0-5% travel
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams