Global Compliance Engineer
Shelton, Connecticut | American Fork, Utah
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shelton, Connecticut, American Fork, Utah Status Regular Job ID JR-033256
Global Compliance Engineer
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of employees worldwide, pioneer scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer, a global leader in technology is searching for an experienced Compliance Engineer to drive our current instrumentation technology to the edge of science. The individual will become a key member of a prestigious group of senior researchers, partners and collaborators. The position reports into PerkinElmer’s R&D organization comprised of more than 800 resources located on 3 continents.
- Provide compliance subject matter expertise to research and design teams for New Product Innovations and manufacturing engineering teams for existing legacy instruments.
- Use technical knowledge and significant problem-solving ability to help determine the most effective solution for complex problems spanning multiple technical disciplines.
- Work in conjunction with scientists and other engineers to prove out designs.
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues with members of cross functional team.
- Develop measures to support initiatives and strategies.
- Provides technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities and adjust plans to minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
- This role requires broad knowledge and application of worldwide regulatory compliance laws, directives and industry specific regulations pertaining to Product Safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Material compliance regulations (e.g. RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals.
- Familiarity with requirements for EU CE safety self- declaration including maintenance of safety files and support documentation for EU Declarations of Conformity.
- Experience with Lab and Measurement Equipment (MEAS) category preferred, Industry standards 61010-1, 61326-1.
- Act as liaison with Product Development teams and contract agency laboratories.
- Participate on New Product Development design reviews to provide insight and advice on design choices as they pertain to regulatory compliance standards.
- Maintain 3rd party Agency files for safety testing through audits, file changes and inspection payments.
- Possess skills to utilize industry standard CAD packages (e.g. Solid Works, Altium) to evaluate hardware compliance to certification requirements.
- Create EMC test plans and maintain EMC files and support documentation for Korean RRA, Australian ACMA, FCC and CE self-declaration.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the RoHS, and REACH regulations, sound engineering knowledge of materials and an appreciation of the design process.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes to help develop designs which are compliant to regulatory requirements, cost-effective and reliable.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot with standard test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, DVMs) and simulation software packages.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of EMI-EMC management techniques to pass standardized testing of electronic equipment.
- Ability to use standard documentation tools to create/communicate design and test specifications/results (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Bachelor’s degree required in electrical engineering or closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 10years of recent experience engineering in a high technology environment.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Are you ready to help improve the lives of millions of people and create a healthier world? When you work at PerkinElmer, that’s exactly what you’ll do. From our dedicated scientists and world-class operations employees to our innovative R&D professionals and committed sales and service groups, we’re a unique team of global colleagues who come to work every day knowing we’re making a difference. Through innovation, collaboration, and belief in our mission, we strive to create an inspiring and inclusive culture for our employees, so they can be their best and, together, create a better tomorrow.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams