Embedded Firmware Engineer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shelton, Connecticut Status Regular Job ID JR-016428
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further. We are currently hiring for Firmware Engineer in Shelton, CT. Job details are mentioned below:
Job Title:Embedded Firmware Engineer
Location: Shelton, CT
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops firmware applications and drivers.
- Participates in product architecture, design, development and deployment
- Involved in product from inception through launch, interacting with early users, understanding customer needs, and driving solutions to meet or exceed expectations
- Develops time estimates for project tasks and reports regularly on progress
- Investigates and debugs complex system problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues.
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills and likes to solve problems and work issues on the production floor as well as in the engineering lab
Job Performance Characteristics:
- Self-initiates courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Accountable for developing innovative solutions to complex business challenges and ability to deliver on time and on budget
- Leads other, independently balancing high impact competing priorities.
- Demonstrates effective technical/ project presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Works on specialized and/or interdisciplinary matters of broad scope, impact cost, visibility and complexity.
- Fully responsible for significant/challenging deliverables keeping management informed of progress and strategic/resource impact.
- Maintain awareness that decisions can significantly impact customers, operations, services, revenue or achievement on strategic business goals.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of related knowledge and experience with Firmware apps and driver development.
- Experience in Real Time Operating Systems and FPGA
- Experience with communication interfaces (USB, Ethernet, RS232, SPI, etc.)
- Experience with motion control, sensors, motors, encoders, vision systems a big plus.
- Experience developing scientific instrumentation a plus
- Knowledgeable in Linux and Windows Embedded OS
- Experience with modern development tools: (Eclipse, Visual Studio, gdb, git, Mentor HDL Designer.)
- Experience in C++, knowledge of .Net, Python and other higher level languages a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of good software design practices, revision control, understanding of design for manufacturing, design for test, and design for reliability
- “Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.”
Not viewing this opportunity on PerkinElmer.com/careers? Use the link below
to apply now:
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams