On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shanghai, China Status Regular Job ID JR-020092
PerkinElmer is looking for a UX/Product Designer.
You have a curious nature and keep abreast of new developments or ideas gaining momentum in the business. You are a talented UX Designer looking to create industry leading and intuitive user experiences. You possess strong user focus and are a usability research advocate. You have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills, and be able to translate high-level and detailed requirements into smart, functional user interfaces. You love to produce delightful user experiences in every single product you touch.
You enjoy collaborating continuously with Users, Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders using design thinking and other UX techniques to solve complex problems. Most of all, you want to work on software experiences that contribute to making people’s life and health better and make a difference.
Within 30 days
- Getting to know your team and the people involved
- Gaining a basic understanding of the problem space
- Designing some features that will go directly into a shipping software product
- Develop prototypes, screenshots, wireframes -- whatever gets the job done
- Refine other people's ideas and come up with your own
Within 60 days
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for new product features.
- Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs
- Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently
- Create and validate hypotheses regarding what we can build to solve user problems
- Get comfortable conducting or working with UX research to validate designs with end users
- Incorporate and contribute to our internal design guidelines, ensuring consistency across the entire product
Within 90 days
- Be a partner with Product Management and your team to define the vision for the product
- Lead and apply different methods of design thinking to understand and solve for problem spaces along different phases of a project, working directly with product owners and tech leads
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand product requirements and turn them into buildable user experiences, balancing design scope to address usability and engineering concerns with release timelines.
- Mentor and work closely with more junior level designers to offer feedback and production support
- Contribute to coordination of design systems and documentation of UX best practices
Some of the other things we care about:
- 2+ year career experience in user experience and user interface design
- Self-driven, curious, collaborative, and a good communicator
- Incorporating User Research findings into the design process
- Experience with a variety of design tools such like: Sketch, Axure, and Figma
- A strong UX toolkit demonstrated in your portfolio
- Strong ownership and leadership capabilities
- Experience in agile UX methodologies, Lean UX, Agile design methods
- Designing digital products using a minimum viable product approach
- Bachelors or master’s degree in User Experience Design, Graphic Design, New Media, Interaction Design, Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Experience in science, life sciences, chemistry, laboratories etc a plus but not required
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams