Sr. Strategic Sourcing - New Product Introductions (NPI)Apply Now
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
Sr. Strategic Sourcing - NPI
Sr. Strategic Sourcing - NPI
The Senior Strategic Sourcing position participates on new product development teams as part of the core team responsible for delivering all sourcing strategies required to achieve established project milestones, overall costs and coordination with extended team members in-order to meet the overall objectives of the business.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing position supports the execution of the Global Commodity Strategies to meet NPI Project timelines, supports driving effective Early Supplier Involvement (ESI), manages by development stage the appropriate supplier capacity requirements, supports delivery of direct material cost targets and assists in coordinating with Category Management to insure any new suppliers are vetted and fit the overall category strategy.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing position candidate must have the ability to work in a cross functional R&D/NPI Team and on Multiple Complex NPI Programs at the host manufacturing site and throughout PerkinElmer’s global manufacturing footprint. Strong cross-functional collaboration with R&D, Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Global Commodity Management, and Corporate initiatives and leadership. Reports directly to the Director of NPI Sourcing
To this end, the Senior Strategic Sourcing position supports the team with the negotiation of contracts that secure favorable terms in relation to the procurement of goods and materials. He/she supports identifying, evaluating and developing supplier options and suitability to perform outsourced activities, projects and programs. Acquires and maintains understanding of marketplace trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology road maps.
- Responsible for supporting NPI projects and promoting key initiatives such as Early Supplier Involvement (ESI), Total Cost Optimization (TCO), Risk Mitigation and implementing Global Commodity Strategies into NPI projects
- Liaises with Commodity Management and Operations as needed
- Works with Engineering and supplier representatives as needed to insure ESI is appropriate to develop specifications for components and assemblies for DFX.
- Supports Global Commodities on new technology and/or supplier requirement in support of project gaps.
- In alignment with Global Commodities, supports prototype to production strategy, coordinates and leads supplier selection process, supplier evaluations and quality ratings as needed as inputs to the supplier selection matrix.
- Recommends standard costs for new components and assemblies to insure accurate costing of PerkinElmer’s products utilizing Should-Cost modeling and Make vs. Buy analysis.
- Works to support sourcing timelines and components cost requirements to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Ensure supplier resources are aligned based on project complexity.
- Ensures full supply chain continuity via supplier capacity management and risk mitigation strategies
- Builds effective relationships both internal and external, and interfaces with management as required.
- Participates in preparing and providing monthly project management updates on key project milestones and critical path issues.
- Supports the management of inventory scale up requirements for new product launch requirements through the Development process
- Supports the management of required purchasing tasks to procure parts, materials, supplies, equipment and services required to support the project deliverables.
- BS/BA Degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related field.
- MBA a plus
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of Procurement, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong Project Management skill set
- Experience with NPI Development
- Background in Spectroscopy, Detection Imaging, and Informatics
- Proficient knowledge of Metals, Plastics, and Electronic commodities
- Certification from the Institute of Supply Management (C.P.S.M.), (CPIM)
- E-Sourcing software
- Excellent leadership, organization, project management, communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Think Cell, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables, projects and teams
- Office environment (may include laboratory, clean room and manufacturing assembly)
- Typical Domestic and International travel up to 15% with on an exception basis 50% for short periods of time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams