Senior Software Test Engineer_Collaborative Team
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Shanghai, China Status Regular Job ID JR-019225
Job Role and Responsibilities –
- Create and perform detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and technologies
- Work as a member of the scrum team including planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria
- Integrate test framework with CI/CD systems
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers)
- Become a user expert on how our products work, gaining an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses; and championing customer issues in order to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Help determining the testability of a product or design
Basic Qualifications –
- Computer Science and/ or Science-based Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience qualifying high-volume, scalable software solutions and API’s.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems
- Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance life cycle, methodologies and best practices
- Excellent knowledge in test case management and bug tracking systems such as Jira & Zephyr
- Experience in transforming manual test cases into automated test cases
- Experience in test documentation, defect analysis, tracking and reporting
- Experience in BDD test cases
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for quality, creating new solutions and change
- Strong emphasis on learning quickly and staying current with new technologies
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work within a multi-site, multicultural team
Preferred Qualifications -
- Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare is a plus
- Experience with automation tools/frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as nUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor
- Experience testing systems at a large scale (Performance, Stress, Load testing etc.)
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure) and testing microservices.
- Experience working with Jenkins, Chef scripts or similar
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams