Technical Support Specialist (Spectroscopy & Elemental Analysis (IR/UV/TEA))Apply Now
- Seer Green, England
The Technical Support Specialist – Spectroscopy & Elemental Analysis (IR/UV/TEA) provides technical support to field engineers and the inside service team around the world.
The Technical Support Specialist responds to situations where inside service product support has failed to isolate or fix problems on the materials characterization instrument portfolio (IR/UV/TEA).
Accountable for product line/technology area problem identification, resolution and communication.
Provides support to customer/users where the problem is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. May be involved in occasional customer installation and training.
Internal and external customers are based globally. This role is office based in Seer Green. Occasional travel required to deliver training – approximately 10-20%.
Whilst the role will eventually support the full range, prioirity will be given to candidates with a strong background in Infra Red (IR)
- Provide 3rd level Technical Support and problem resolution. Provide technical support to field service and inside service representatives as requested or required. Accelerate conclusion of non-routine field service problems to meet or exceed warranty and installation cost provisions while maximizing customer satisfaction metrics.
- Maintain Technical Documentation. Play an active role in the development, maintenance and implementation of technical documentation, user information services and in-house technical knowledgebase systems to improve the efficiency of less-senior specialists and field service resources..
- Support New Product Introduction. Support new product development efforts by providing critical input and evaluation of design-for-service, creating service documentation, defining and forecasting service parts, developing installation protocols, training field service specialists and participating in launch teams to monitor initial installations and assure successful product launches. Issue and maintain product line part numbers. Develop IQ/OQ-based service products.
- Develop and Deliver Technical and User Training. Conducts technical training courses for service engineers, inside service and/or customers in the use of assigned product line/technology
- MSc in Science or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 4-6 years experience in a customer support and service position with basic understanding of relevant applications and theory of analytical techniques
- Alternatively, an applications scientist in an analytical laboratory using relevant technologies and experience of troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Full training on all products/applications will be given, but previous experience of PerkinElmer instrumentation an advantage.
- Six Sigma training and experience is strongly recommended
- Strong IT competency (MS Office required, SAP beneficial)
- Hobbies involving DIY computing, mechanics, electronics will bring transferrable skills.
- Previous experience of preparing and delivering video training an advantage.
- Customer service ethic
- Problem solving skills
- Good communications skills
- Good written documentation skills
- Time management
- Team player
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams