Sr. Project Manager, Global Commercial Technologies
Seer Green, United Kingdom | Akron, Ohio | Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Krakow (City), Poland | Milan, Italy | Rodgau, Germany | Shanghai, China | Shelton, Connecticut | Singapore, Singapore | Turku, Finland | Villebon-sur-Yvette, France
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Seer Green, United Kingdom, Akron, Ohio, Hopkinton, Massachusetts, Krakow (City), Poland, Milan, Italy, Rodgau, Germany, Shanghai, China, Shelton, Connecticut, Singapore, Singapore, Turku, Finland, Villebon-sur-Yvette, France Status Regular Job ID JR-026928
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers’ scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Sr. Project Manager, Global Commercial Technologies plays a pivotal role in projects answering PerkinElmer’s ambition to organize and align its commercial technologies for the future. This role will work closely with commercial leaders, IT and key stakeholders to gather requirements, design solutions and implement them globally across the organization.
The successful candidate must have experience driving technology implementation and be able to design business workflows in accordance with leadership vision and best practices. This leader will evaluate new technology and function requests, make recommendations, drive commercial initiatives, and ensure governance standards are adhered to. This role requires a balance between participating in solution design and being the driving force required during implementation.
This is a remote role working with colleagues globally which can be located in any country with a PerkinElmer legal entity.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for new technology requests
- In coordination with the business stakeholders and IT, maps current and future state business workflows for new technologies.
- Provides global solutions for IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities, planning, and implementation of cross-functional applications.
- Initiates, owns, and drives the identification, evaluation and direction of solutions that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Serves as the central point of contact for business demand management, technology expenditures, internal stakeholder feedback & relationship management and the overall user experience with the commercial organization.
- Manages the analysis & elicitation of business requirements, and the transformation of requirements into functional/non-functional requirements.
- Provide business requirements to IT.
- Assists in project prioritization.
- Determine business UAT testing guidelines for newly implemented technologies
- Work with business functions and IT to ensure project sustainability and support post implementation
- Lead the annual AOP process for new commercial project requests
- Bachelors degree educated
- 4 years of experience successfully creating structure and implementing processes for cross-functional teams
- 4 years of experience in project management
- Project management qualification desirable but not required
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to take charge and provide direction
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect, and cooperation among teams
Project Oversight and Decisioning
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with commercial strategy
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams