Service Sales Specialist
Leicester, United Kingdom | West Midlands, United Kingdom
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Leicester, United Kingdom, West Midlands, United Kingdom Status Regular Job ID JR-018389
The Service Sales Specialist is responsible for service business development with accountability for driving growth through; selling extended warranty service agreements, upselling of existing service contracts, new business, training, upgrades, qualifications, consumables and driving the promotion and uptake of new service offerings. There is a need in this role for a specific focus on Multi-Vendor servicing opportunities.
This will be achieved by working with the support of Customer Care, Service Delivery and local Account Managers involving all activities which contribute to the acquisition, satisfaction and retention of service customers and the efficient and effective use of service processes. Additionally this position is responsible for building and maintaining strong customer/channel relationships and providing pre- and post sales advice to customers directed toward growing PerkinElmer’s market share, revenue and profitability consistent with strategic business goals. We are seeking the individual to be located in the Midlands, Birmingham, Nottingham or Leicester with good access to Cambridge.
- Manage and drive profitable business growth for the area.
- Maintain effective business reporting and prospect lists within existing systems
- Review and issue contract offers and manage price list according to company’s approval matrix
- Respond formally to tender and business enquiries in all formats with the Support of Customer Care and the service administrators
- Lead generation activities to identify new accounts and service opportunities.
- Interface with service leadership and cross functional teams as required to handle customer situations and solve customer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 3 years prior experience as a Sales Professional.
- Familiarity with science-based companies’ and experience in Multi-Vendor Chromatography a definite advantage.
- Proven Sales skills.
- Communication and negotiating skills in dealing with a wide range of clients and consultative selling partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong process and IT capabilities.
- Service or field service background an advantage
- Availability to travel (>50%) required
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams