Reproductive Account Manager South UK
Seer Green, United Kingdom
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Seer Green, United Kingdom Status Regular Job ID JR-015337
PerkinElmer is dedicated to protecting the health of expectant mothers, their babies and families.
As the leader in life-saving screening tests for prenatal and newborns, our instruments and technologies save approximately 70 babies every day by detecting congenital disorders that allow clinicians to administer necessary treatments to save lives.
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for supporting Clinical Screening Laboratories offering patient critical services in the NHS and private laboratories with an accountability for maintaining and increasing sales in the South of the UK.
Your product portfolio will be the very best market leading solutions for Non Invasive Prenatal Testing, early identification of pre-eclampsia in pregnancy and the latest molecular and MS based kits for expanded neonatal screening.
This role offers the rare potential to develop close relationships and become a trusted partner to clinicians and frontline laboratory staff providing patient critical services.
Vanadis NIPT system, Q-Sight Tandem Mass Spectrometer. AutoDELFIA, DelfiaXpress, Genetic Screening Processor (GSP), Panthera and DBS dry blood spot punchers. Immunochemistry & Mass Spec. derived kits for prenatal and neonatal screening, as well as software and service support.
Areas of focus for your territory will be the above instrument pipelines in public and private sector pathology departments.
Duties include presenting PerkinElmer capabilities in the marketplace, providing a first line of contact to our prospective customers, working to increase our market share, and account managing our very loyal existing customer base.
Priorities and Objectives
Grow Geographic Sales Volume:
- Execute a sales plan that is part of the region's and company's strategic objectives.
- Direct growth-oriented at our current customer base and identify new accounts.
- Participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability.
Grow Designated Accounts Sales Volume.
- Execute a sales plan specific to designated account(s) which promotes the growth of reagent product lines.
- Account management of our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability.
- Utilize other sales and support resources effectively within the accounts.
Develop and implement business plans.
- Maintain an effective time and territory management plan
- Present business and technical information.
- Identify customer needs and trends.
- Provide information about techniques and products.
- Follow up inquiries about goods and services. Maintain customer information utilizing Customer Relationship Software (Salesforce.com). Timely updates to opportunity funnel with weekly forecast updates.
Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
- Facilitate solving customer problems through training, information and recommendation of solutions. Knowledge of competitive offerings.
- Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
- Sales Skills: 3-5 years sales experience required.
- Technical Skills: You will be required to have an understanding of our reproductive health portfolio (above), in full or in part, and related products, but will be supported by application specialists.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills required enabling you to tailor your style and content depending on the customer base/position. We are looking for a candidate who will be enthusiastic not only with customers but also when working with colleagues.
- Team Skills: You will be part of the UK / Ireland Team who support each other by sharing positive experiences, success stories, technical know-how and account knowledge. Work within a platform where we provide feedback to colleagues on industry trends, customers growth opportunities
- Business & Organization Knowledge: It will be necessary to create a territory plan, a business plan and a plan of key accounts. Highlighting how you will retain and grow existing customer and how you will generate new business within the territory.
- Change Management: The market place is an evolving arena which requires Perkin Elmer to be flexible in its structure and organisation in order to be successful, this sometimes means that we have to modify roles to suit – you will be expected to facilitate and embrace this change
- A degree or equivalent in a life science or related subject.
- Command of English language, written and oral. Numerate and competent with analysis.
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation skills
- Full UK driving license.
- Prepared to travel throughout the territory regularly and occasionally to Head Office in Bucks. Core customers are based across the UK and Ireland, your responsibility will be for those in UK South.
- % of Travel Required : 60-70%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams