IR Product Management InternApply Now
- Seer Green, England
PerkinElmer is seeking an intern to facilitate the day-to-day running of the Infrared Analysis Business Unit supporting development of new products, supporting collateral instrument applications
The Product Management team is responsible for managing the product lifecycle from inception through to obsolescence. This is a multidisciplinary function including strategic planning, product and market development, Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales support. The team interacts with virtually all functions across the organization and with external customers.
The role of Associate Product Manager - IR/Raman is responsible for assisting the Portfolio Director and Product Manager in the day-to-day running of the Infrared and Raman Analysis Business Unit. The role will have specific emphasis in the short to medium term on IR and possibly some UV analysis requiring product and project management skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting the development of product and market requirements for the IR/Raman product lines, including product applications requirements analysis, and pricing.
- Working with development team during development to evaluate pre-production hardware and software prototypes
- Assisting with pricing strategies and developing marketing tools for successful product introductions.
- Communicating customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing IR product line.
Education and experience required
- Ongoing participation in an undergraduate degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry is required
- IR product training will be provided but basic IR knowledge is essential
- Excellent group interaction skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
In order to be successful, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- independent and creative scientific thinking and ability in solving problems
- ability to be a team player involving collaboration across multiple functions
- organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- strong written and oral communication skills.
- motivated self-starter, able to work unsupervised
Please apply on line with your cv and a covering letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity.
Deadline for applications 1st December, 2019. The assessment day will be before Xmas.
The start date will be flexible around your exam dates and availability in the Summer of 2020. This is a 12 month paid internship at £17,000 pa pro rata.
We regret we will not consider candidates who have already graduated for this role.
If you have any questions please contact:
Kate Snell, Senior Recruiter, PerkinElmer LAS (UK) Ltd, Chalfont Road, Seer Green, Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 2FX. Telephone +44 (0)1494 679006. Email: Kate.Snell@perkinelmer.com
PerkinElmer values the strength of a diverse workforce.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams