Global Market Manager – Food Safety - Remote
United Kingdom | United States | Argentina | Germany | Spain | Italy | Canada | France
ResponsibilitiesLocation Seer Green, BuckinghamshireGB Job ID JR-017148
The Global Market Manager – Food Safety will be implementing growth strategies for PerkinElmer and responsible for developing and executing Food Safety market segment growth initiatives to drive penetration and expand global market share through focus on workflow solutions leveraging the full breadth of PerkinElmer capabilities, across our Instrument Portfolio, Consumables and Services, in alignment with our Food segment strategy.
The Global Market Manager – Food Safety is expected to build clear understanding of regional market needs & trends, upcoming requirements and develop a stream of solutions to best position the current and future portfolio to meet or exceed revenue and margin expansion expectations. This role will build deep market knowledge, translating these insights into strategic marketing plans, including a market penetration strategy, product development pipeline and go-to-market approach.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; contributing to the bigger strategic vision and turn the crank on driving tactics in order to make the vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand meat & seafood customer problems and find innovative solutions for the broader food market segment. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated, ensuring strong communication across teams. This seasoned professional is expected to build relationships with key opinion leaders within strategic accounts, professional organizations and as well as partner and collaborate with internal subject matter experts, to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon.
This role can be based near to an international airport anywhere globally. You will be home based, with approximately 30% travel (Covid permitting)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Champions development of Food Safety market growth strategies based on fact-based analysis and identification of market trends, with a focus on the meat & seafood verticals; competitive analysis; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and regulatory requirements
- Leads development and prioritization of segment-specific workflows and supporting applications that enable our solutions to be differentiated and value-add to our customers
- Develops deep technical knowledge on customer needs and workflow across Instruments, Consumables & Service, and translate this knowledge into technology and solution landscaping activities within context assigned markets
- Leads best practices to develop compelling value propositions and sales tools that are practical to use and aligned to segmentation and regional specific requirements
- Drives deployment of commercial sales tools and training to drive sales effectiveness at positioning our solutions
- Actively develops relationships with commercial teams, KOLs and key customers in priority end- market segments. Leads overall Meat & Seafood Market/Segment strategy and acts as focal point within the organization to ensure marketing collateral, applications and solutions support our overall growth strategy and align across the Business Unit, R&D and Marketing organizations.
- Meets business and end market KPIs, such as revenue, margin expansion, market penetration and share gain
- Supports the development of strategic planning initiatives (M&A due diligence and other new growth initiative.
- On a regular basis, attend industry trade shows and accompany managers on customer visits to maintain awareness and understanding of industry trends.
- Provide enthusiastic leadership for strong work ethic when interacting with PerkinElmer employees and business partners.
- Bachelor of Science degree in biological or food science
- Successful 12+ year track record in various roles within Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Food Quality, or R&D related to Food Testing.
- 12+ years experience in the food market (processing, FSQA, laboratory, test supplier)
- Master of Science, good business acumen; MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience in the meat & seafood or related food market (processing, FSQA, laboratory, test supplier), with deep network of industry connections.
- Working proficiency and technical experience in microbiological food safety
- Experience in customer and market segmentation, creating segment roadmaps, robust business cases, and commercialization of solutions.
- Ability to translate customer needs into applications solutions to drive business growth
- Significant experience leading cross-functional teams to drive business results, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills and be driven and exhibit strong goal / results orientated
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills and be driven and exhibit strong goal / results orientated
- Proven track record of results either contributing to or directly developing, driving and maintaining high performing product lines, cutting edge strategies and strong market presence
- Ability to travel up to 30%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”