Customer Service Coordinator - Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Seer Green, BuckinghamshireGB Job ID JR-019945
The purpose of this position is to help ensure complete customer satisfaction with PerkinElmer by providing first level support to PerkinElmer Field Service Engineers, Technical Support & Management by planning, communicating with customers to schedule service visits & perform customer follow up by contacting the customers/Stake holders via telephone, e-mail or other electronic system.
This will be home based but will require regular meetings at our offices in Seer Green (HP9 2FX) post Covid, so preference is for candidates to live locally.
- Review & Plan interventions (installation, corrective, preventive) in close collaboration with group leaders, technicians and customers.
- Schedule return trips with customers when parts are in.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and apply any change and or new process.
- Respond to non-technical questions eg: part number, packaging, password update, website, specifications, FAQ etc.
- Manage and maintain specific processes for customers and / or products ex: FAQ and maintain customer database with the latest information.
- Identify and process customer requests by email and phone.
- Follow up on service events to confirm the event has been completed and the customer is satisfied.
- Work closely with the Customer Support team on support and downstream development.
- Work closely with the commercial organisation on sharing information and promoting our offers to our customers.
General Customer Inquiries:
- As necessary, refer customer to the correct internal professional to ensure the most effective escalation, transfer or reassignment path, achieving resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Obtaining document for method processing and or vendor inductions.
- Monitor & respond to email, voicemail, web portal and fax to ensure requests are responded to according to established standards.
- Channel product sales inquiries to the appropriate sales/service leader.
- Ability to articulate with technically oriented people, quickly establish rapport, gain their confidence, respect and trust.
- Communicate timely program information to selected service engineers to ensure satisfactory delivery of acquired services and materials.
- Discuss situations with service engineers and customers, in a professional, cost effective manner, utilizing poise, tact and diplomacy to obtain cooperation and results.
- Communicate at least weekly with Service Leadership team regarding open requests and issues, to achieve closure.
- Escalate problems to manager or the appropriate program leader or customer program contact for strategy development and participation as appropriate.
- Follow up to ensure that all questions/requests/customer commitments are responded to or resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually; Excellent interpersonal skills and organisation with good time management.
- Bias for action and high level of commitment to customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using IT tools. MS Office; SAP experience a plus with an ability to cross data from multiple sources.
- Language: English
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."