Associate Product Manager UV Business
United Kingdom | United States
ResponsibilitiesLocation Seer Green, BuckinghamshireGB Job ID JR-026581
The Associate Product Manager is part of the Product Management team and is responsible for coordination of activities contributing to revenue generation and margin (profit) performance across UV business unit. This includes prioritization and execution of work, as well as communication between the Product Management, Marketing, Technical Support, Sales, Operations, R&D and Customers. Key
- Manage the creation and release new part numbers from start through completion (PDM & SAP completion, CIM, Quote Studio, announcement)
- Ship parts, sales and related support materials to global sales, service and customers as required to support product management commitments.
- Maintain all aspects of product content through ownership of Product Description Lists (PDL’s), Consumables Catalog, and web site.
- Support general product queries via Phone, Email, Chatter, etc.
- In cooperation with Product Management, sales and MARCOM develop sales tools, brochures, and related internal and external communication and support tools for DAS products and services
- Under direction of Product Management coordinate and document competitive landscapes, competitive tactics, and maintain up-to-date competitive files; cooperate with sales champions to create competitive reports which support development of successful global sales strategies.
- Communicate with global users and internal team members to support Voice of Customer (VOC) programs to assist with development of compelling new products and services.
- Under direction of Product management coordinate the development of User Requirement Specifications (URS) and related new product development activities.
- Assist Product Management with characterization of the external market.
- BS in Chemistry (Post graduate degree preferred), engineering or allied field
- MBA preferred
- Expertise in scientific technologies, with emphasis in UV/Vis and Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team orientation
- Detail and goal oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Experience and/or Understanding of food and pharmaceutical landscape a plus
- Knowledge of product management tools such as SAP, PDM, SFDC, Business Objects, JIRA, are pluses.
- Experience and/or Understanding of Thermal Analysis and or Infrared Analysis a plus
- Up to 15% travel (domestic and international) may be required
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”