Application Scientist - Materials Characterization (UV, IR, Thermal)
Seer Green, United Kingdom
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Seer Green, United Kingdom Status Regular Job ID JR-019914
Develop application notes, chemometric models and workflows to support the PerkinElmer Materials Characterization businesses (UV, IR & Thermal)
This role will be based in our offices in Seer Green (HP9 2FX).
- Generate applications collateral including but not limited to application notes, product notes, white papers sales focused customer demonstration workflows, presentations and posters
- Present data, posters and presentations at strategic scientific conferences both nationally and internationally
- Understand customers’, Sales and Business unit needs and develop calibrations and validated protocols using materials characterization technology to meet those needs.
- Have a good understanding of industrial focused analysis techniques ideally across IR, UV and Thermal.
- Develop standard operating procedures and macro-based workflows as well as train and support sales during implementation
- Work closely with sales, service, product management, and R&D teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and operate material characterization laboratory equipment and ensure equipment is operational.
- Evaluate competitive publications and presentations and come up with a clear strategy to demonstrate PerkinElmer’s competitive edge when developing new applications for customers.
- Act as a scientific expert with intimate field knowledge to influence the product management and R&D teams during the conceptualization of new product.
- Collaborate with key opinion leaders in the Materials and Energy market
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry is required.
- At least 2 year of hands-on material characterisation techniques in an industrial lab
- Knowledge of materials characterization theory and instrumentation
- Hands on experience with various Software, ideally PKI but not mandatory
- Ability to troubleshoot instrument and model related issues.
- Passionate about delighting customers.
- Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
- Passionate about working in a lab developing applications to address customer needs.
- Excellent group interaction skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Office/Lab based with 15-25% travel requirement post Covid
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams