Account Manager - London and South East
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
The Account Manager will be responsible for the sale of products from the Analytical Solutions portfolio of PerkinElmer in a manner which positively reflects the Company image. The Account Manager will report to the UK Analytical Sales Leader.
The territory covers London and the South East. There is a strong preference for the candidate to live in this area.
The product portfolio falls into two areas:
- Separation Sciences including Gas Chromatography (GC) and Liquid Chromatography (LC);
- Spectroscopy including Ultraviolet (UV), Infrared (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA) and Inductively Coupled Plasma, both ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is an advantage, however, we will consider applications from candidates with experience using relevant instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are considering a change in career direction or candidates with the appropriate degree.
Priorities and Objectives
To compete for all sales opportunities within the territory, ensuring that all necessary resources needed are used in order to close business in favour of PerkinElmer
To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be gathered.
- Competes for all sales opportunities within the territory
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers
- Constant attempts to secure business in new accounts
- Gains knowledge of customer funding procedures
- Develops and maintains the SFDC (Salesforce) customer/prospect records
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business
- Maintains knowledge of products and prepares, collects and maintains presentation aids.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors products
- Regular business forecasts
- Involvement with customer account receivables
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or similar
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Full driving licence
- Proven sales experience, within laboratory Instrumentation an advantage
- Sales training will be given to laboratory technicians/scientists who have used relevant instrumentation in industry or academia.
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
- Prepared to travel throughout the territory, to Head Office in Seer Green and sometimes overseas on an ad hoc basis.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams